Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Slaughter Movie House: 'The Sleeper' & 'Teddy'

@ Czar Bar, KC, MO
November 5th, 2012

November is a month for slashers, I decided.  'Teddy', the featured short by Kevin Sommerfield and Steve Goltz, is nearly perfect.  The score, the douche you can't wait to see die, the masked killer, and the set up are incredible.  I love 'Teddy'!  I met Kevin and Steve a few months ago in Indianapolis at HorrorHound Weekend.  Together they operate Slasher Studios and are from Wisconsin.

'The Sleeper' is not only set in 1981, but successfully edited and styled to look like it was filmed that same year.  And if that wasn't enough, Justin Russell (writer/director), sent the movie to me on VHS!  'Sleeper' reminds me a lot of the classics 'Black Christmas' and 'When a Stranger Calls'.  I remember searching and searching video stores for 'When a Stranger Calls' in junior high.  Kevin Sommerfield (Teddy) is who told me about 'The Sleeper', it's a big horror family!

Flier by Atomic Cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment